Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Morning 2015

Wow what a busy Christmas day! It started out at 3:30am, when our Kalaya decided to get up. Apparently, She went to bed too early The night before and couldn't sleep any longer. So Asked her to quietly turn on a movie and lay low, until we get up around 7am.

 But eventually other kiddos started waking up around 430, and making a few noises. Then suddenly I woke up to the noises of a little baby at this time.  Supposedly Aurora thought that Sariya should join the party.  Argh, sigh... (Reed and I stayed up pretty late watching shows and "doing What parents do Christmas Eve Evenings"). So I wasn't too thrilled about this! Anyhow I went and hung out with Sariya who was a little fussy for a while, from teething.  
I was praying to get her to go back to sleep, that way I could possibly go back to sleep myself! Because, as most of you know - one potential 'downfall' of being a mom is, that you have adapted superhero hearing- almost to a fault in these situations. 

Finally, she went back to bed in her crib and I got another hour of sleep before theKnocks  started to come.

At 7am was the first night and I told them that I needed more time.  Then 7:15,  & 7:30.  Finally I rolled over and woke up Reed and informed him that I didn't have the "Christmas spirit this morning" ! :/

Anyhow, we got dressed and started opening presents, after we are reminded the kids about the greatest gift that we received a Long time ago in Bethlehem.
🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
Reed I purposely don't spoil our kids on Christmas, because we want them to understand that's 'not what it's about'! Christmas to us is about gratitude and love, so hopefully they understand this concept when they get older - because the Lord knows we are not perfect parents! 

They made a fun game out of it and opened up their gifts at the same time!  It was a variety of; toys, clothes, scooters, dartboards, etc.   stockings had yummy healthy snacks, panties underwear, watches, jewelry, toothbrushes.

Reed received a flashlight, a green Grinch shirt.  And a few "dollar store" items from the kids;Handy tool, false farmers teeth, and a toy gun.         (Perfect amount for him).  

I was surprised to receive a FitBit watch  and a "lock-pick" for my minivan!

The kids help each other setup and unwrap each other's gifts! Then out off they went tested them all out inside and outside. 


Then 9 AM rolls around and it was time to talk to Elder Nelson! Yay! So we decided to make little signs that said "we love you Elder" and get on the Google chat call with the other family! 

I wish I got lots of pictures of this! But here is one from mom. The phone call session began as the elder was wearing a tropical shirt. We all were a bit confused and dumbfounded as we contemplated the location of which this elder stood.   Was he still in North Carolina, or Did he somehow    venture off The beaten path and find himself in Hawaii or Jamaica. We were unsure

But then he quickly informed us that it was all a joke, he is still where he needs to be! We all got a good kick out of his sense of humor!

We asked him how his families were doing, his adventures, the normal routines of every day. Also, What he is learning new about the Scriptures.  Then he asked this question, that none of us really had an answer for. It was an intense moment, but shortly lived.. Thanj goodness.. Lol, jk! 😂😅😂😂

It was so great chatting with him, and seen my other family members on the line and their kiddos. I'm so grateful for today's technology and the opportunity to have him bear his testimony to all of us! ❤️🙌🏼
We love you Elder and can't believe that we will see you in July!💪🏻👍🏼

No comments: