We Got the trailer, quads, dirt bikes ready. Last minute trip to the grocery store and a few extra jackets .π
Excused the kids from school and finally left early Friday morning, to kick off our Christmas Break! ππ
We drove a couple hours seamlessly....
But all of a sudden...
Out of the blue...
π³π³π³ππ
Reed looked in the rear view mirror and saw something black fly off. He instantly commented, "I think the tread flew off a tire. I just looked at that this morning and thought that I needed to switch those soon." As he pulled the vehicle off the next exit.
Sure enough, he was correct.
-A tire was tread less-
*Good thing we have 'some man' named Reed Awesomeness in these situations*
The tire was quickly switched, then a phone call was made to replace all of them at a facility 20 minutes away.
Bam, off we went!
It was a great tire shop in Quartsite,AZ that got us in and out. Which is really great for anyone with kids'!!!
............
Once the tire was repaired, it was an hour more to go!
We finally arrived and we're excited to start the party with a family from our church ward! πππΌ
Once we arrived, we went out on the utv's and enjoyed the scenery!
I am not going to lie, It was a little scary at first!!!!
I had to remind myself to "push the gas Peddle" through the fear! Geez that was especially tricky at the first "bowl" that I came to, which are known to be very unforgiving. I almost rolled it, but luckily I quickly recovered!
π
π. I was shaking nervously after that and - from then on decided to Follow my friend, not her ambitions/experienced Husband! π
We were so grateful for the Lunt family and their generosity in sharing their toys and letting a few of our spare children (mostly Aurora) catch a ride with them!
My older kids were addicted to the Lunt's little RZR 170, especially after Reed broke our "craigslist special quad", by riding her too hard up the hill. Seriously- it was hard to watch! π³π She got him to the top, then 'gave up the ghost'!
Did I already mention that The weather was perfect!!? Well it was and we enjoyed some S'mores once the sun went down! We also feasted on a hearty breakfast, sandwiches and Burgers for dinner!
The funniest part there for me was the 'GlamisShopping Center'! It is literally an outdoor mall on -> dirt. Crazy, weird ;)
At the mall, we had to stop!!! (Sarcasm) We had get some Bedazzled shirts (couldn't pass this up) for the ladies and a cap and toy car for the boys. However, apparently Bayden didn't love his car that much (that he eventually abandoned it on the Sand hill that we stopped to climb).
π’π
It was fun to see the crazy kids and Reed on his dirt bike. He is really a skilled/experienced driver, like Levi is already becoming!
A quick shout out before I sign off!
Our Trailer was a champ! ππΌππΌ Even though there was a few 'hiccups' at the beginning, she finished strong!
Overall; The kids did such a great job helping each other and enjoying the trip!
Xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment