So it was a crazy "Labor day" morning when Reed wanted to take me on a drive; with the kids! :)
-I was totally unsure of the activity that he had planned. All I knew was that it was 'messing up' the kids plans to go up to Pinedale with the cousins! :P
I was thinking, hot air balloon ride? ??... but then quickly wrote that off, because we were driving past the area! :p
Then all of a sudden we drove up to a huge hanger! With 2 huge' beautiful' Stearman inside!
Wowzers, I started getting nervous! I thought, this is it! Reed wants us all to get in a plane and 'crash to our quick death'!
As I walked up Larry walked out and greeted us; & quickly called me his 'victim'! :P
We had to stall for a while and make sure that the wind appeared.
After he showed us his fabulous hanger with his 'home away from home' inside!
He is such a generous man! We had a good chat about the Stearman's that he had and the 'great' condition they were in.
Then we got ready for the flight.
-I told him, 'yes, unlike my husband: this was my first flight (in a small aircraft). So he was extra good to me.
*To be honest, I wasn't scared! My family was on the ground & that's all that mattered to me!
After a quick take off, it was a fabulous flight! Not at all windy and very peaceful! Reed said that it lasted 20 minutes; I say less then that ( it was glorious, went by too fast). "I see how people get 'lost' up there"!
We then Made a quick fly by to wave at the family then a quick turn around to land.
The landing was a little 'hard' on Larry; but good thing he was used to the cross winds!
Overall; it was a fabulous surprise and the kids enjoyed it too ( cruising on a golf cart while I was gone ).
I am so happy to have 'found & married' my soul-mate!
FYI, a word of advice: If a pilot asks you, " how the ride is going"; don't respond "this is so relaxing". Because apparently they like to make it 'not so'! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment