
Playing games and coloring, living in a 'denial' land. I want to become more of a 'Molly Momma Mormon' (no offense),

I know mothers who are so well skilled in this aspect. They rotate everything that they purchase from their local cannery and get very creative in using everything.

I am hoping that there are a few people out there who have felt as I am feeling. So please give me some advise on where too start!!??
Anything will help, my unskilled self:)!!
12 comments:
I have NO advice on this subject. I am struggling too! Just wanted to wish ya good luck! Let me know if you get any good advice!
you're so sweet!
i have a great article that jacksons aunt did for her ward regarding food storage, i'll send it to ya.
ps: let's get that martha party started! :)
Hey lady... I've been struggling with this too. I decided that I was just going to buy extra stuff of the stuff we eat. For example, we eat a lot of cereal and pasta, so I buy lot's of it when it's on sale and put it in my basement, and just keep one in the upstairs cupboard. When I use the one upstairs, I get a basement one to replace it and when I buy new cereal it goes in the basement rather than the cupboard.
I also have a few recipes than I can make completely from canned/frozen food like chili or some casseroles (shepherd's pie or poppy seed chicken) and stock up on those ingredients. And then same thing, I just keep one or two cans in my cupboard and the rest go in the basement. Then when I need more, I add it to my grocery shopping list and shop from the basement - and then the new stuff replaces the basement stuff rather than the cupboard stuff.
This may not work for a full year's supply, but it works great for a three month supply.
Good luck, be sure to blog about any ideas you get!
sorry, no can do. I am just as dumb if not dumber in that dept. yikes! Once you get help, you can help me. k
I was totally unskilled last year but made it my goal for 2009 to do as much as I could. Have I mentioned that I *almost* have that full years supply?? I went from zero to nearly a full supply in less than 5 months. You can too!
Come to my wheat 101 class on thursday June 25th to learn some basics. You can go from there! One thing at a time, you can do it!
RhondaLue sounds like she's your lady! Good luck sweetie! I'll be looking to you for guidance once you get this all figured out! Love you!
I know what you mean. I feel the same way! Yikes! Help!
I've been working on my food storage for the same concerns and reasons you are having... What I've done is made a 4 week meal plan, then wrote down all of the ingredients and multiplied them by 3 for a 3 month food supply list. Now each week I go shopping, I buy everything in threes and hopefully in another few weeks, I'll have my 3 month supply.
Hey Sara....I can, in probably 15 minutes give you a good amount of basic info that you can remember and also a packet of recipes for ya! Easy ones! call me if you want to come over sometime and I'll show you the basic thing I taught at the wheat 101 class that you couldn't make it to. It'll be like having a FREE and PRIVATE tutor! what more could ya want???
lol
ok woops...that armed citizen comment is from ME, RHONDA W...that lives down the street from ya. tee hee...looks like i forgot to sign off Jed's screen name! woops
Sara, I totally forgot to tell you one important thing: wheat bread goes bad real fast because remember how when you grind it you are exposing all that healthy wheat germ oil and stuff? Well, it cuts down the shelf life and your bread will go bad in 3-4 days so you freeze whatever you won't use in that amount of time. I preslice before I freeze it so I can just pull a loaf out and it'll be ready in no time.
p.s. have you found a grinder yet??
Post a Comment