Monday, March 16, 2015

Oceanside 2015

We loved spending time in Oceanside,  the weather was perfect!  Not too hot, not too cold!

We had the pleasure of having Reed for the whole weekend.   We were surprised that we have seen him home all week before we left.   He usually is a 'traveling fool',  I asked him about why we have been so spoiled lately and he responds with,  "it's the calm before the storm"! 

We arrived at 1 am Saturday morning,  daddy drove most of the way.   I didn't realize how bad my stigmatisim is,  because I could barely drive at night.  Wowzers, need to get my eyes checked! I am so thankful for my husband, because when night comes I am like a 'blind dead fish'! I was so tired shipping out stuff for Reed,  packing the house, cleaning the house, etc. So I am extremely grateful for his skills especially when we travel!

Aunt Julia and Uncle Tyler were here!  I made a collage of their family! It was such a fun time being with them! And 'Holy sugar smacks' they have their hands full with those 2 babies,  those are some adventures little speedy men!

We began the morning with Breakfast at downstairs and enjoyed complementary meals for the kiddos! ♡ They even had tv's at the tables!  They know how to keep the noise down♡

We then went to the Ocean where apparently there was a Surfing contest was going on.   We had a great time,  enjoying the beach!  The kids and cousin's enjoyed running from and after the tide!  We then buried some of them (notice how Kalaya is getting eaten by a shark).  Aunt Julia gets 'mad props' for keeping these kids entertained while I was nursing the baby!  And while Tyler and Reed were 'man handling' our own baby boys!

We then went back to enjoy the pool and get some lunch.   The boys watched the babe's,  while us ladies went to the beach to get an Italian soda.  It was nice to have time to spend with my sister,  we talked of future trips that we could plan! 

When dinnertime rolled around, we got ready for Joe's Crab Shack.  It was pretty packed and a little warm at first.   But it was good food and the kiddos were doing pretty good,  but needed to be wrestled on occasion!  We then went and got jawbreaker' s and ice creams to finish the night!  

We got to enjoy one more breakfast and swim before they got everyone loaded up and took off.  We loved being with them and am so thankful that they reserved us a hotel spot at a discounted rate!!

The kiddos didn't really know what to do with themselves, now that the cousins 'abandoned' them. Hopefully we can get the same Spring Break next year! ( I will get my mom on that.  She is good at getting things done! ♡)

No comments: