Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas 2014

Gifts were purchased a month before and were stored at my husband's father in law's home.  (Yes this is supposed to be confusing; so certain little people are confused;)

Any who: it was Reed's idea to throw an outdoor present feast with our 12 foot Christmas tree, all bundled up, a warm fire that keeps us all toasty, enjoying each other in the crisp early morning hours.  Sounds Dreamy right... That's what Reed thought too...

Truth is, it wasn't quite that!;)

The presents were placed under the tree, yes a mound that they would have to share, or determine 'what went to who'.  Or just because I am lazy to wrap....: p

So when Christmas rolled around, I snuck off to my parents and wrap a few items and brought them home. I am so impressed by how much wrapping supplies my mother had.  She had a good 'stash' from my childhood years.

So that morning it was awfully cold, so Reed went back on his idea.  Brrr, it's getting Arizona frosty outside!  And apparently our family is getting less tolerant.

The kiddos woke up at about 7, so I told them to turn on a movie.

Them I rolled in around 7:45; then Reed was begged by children at about 8. 

The kiddos liked the stockings, mostly necessity like socks and underwear and a few chapsticks, bracelets, ctr rings and a wind up 'music box' with the house FHE favorite, Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam.

Gifts were:
Levi-flying hot wheels remote car & wimpy kid series books
Kalaya-lots of crafts& princess books
Aurora-olaf pillow & books
Bayden- radio flyer trike & learning pad (hopefully he stays off of my phone)
Sariya- walker and baby bouncer

Then it can time for presents.  I am so thankful that our kids were excited and didn't complain, at all about them.  I am grateful for their attitude!

*growing up, it seemed like their was always at least one sister that complained about what see received for Christmas.  So I am hoping that our children can have gratitude, always!*

Later that morning we got to visit with some Missionaries.

I got to see John on Skype, he looked fabulous.  He is on a hard mission in Paris, teaching mostly Africans there (who would have thought) but being spoiled by going on the Eifle tower Christmas Eve and watching the movie Frozen!

Dan, is working hard also, he is learning more about his people.  Telling us about how his companion got allot more gifts than him. Ha!

After the two online chats and a quick gift exchange (family board game and a professional steam press for men *we are lucky*) with them and a few slices of my mother's famous corn bread and honey butter; then off we went.

The Jarman Christmas party was at Nana and Papa's house again this year. It sure was fun! Nana did a great job planning it and delegating when needed.

Food and desserts, games and a gift auction at the end.  The kids really enjoyed running around. She spoiled us with gift card's and gifts.

The highlight of the evening was the gingerbread house contest. Our little family did such a great job creating their house. I just sat back and watched it all.  Reed has a real talent with his steady hands and guiding the children at focusing their skills and abilities.

What I learned: I am really bad at auctions, I always don't get something. So note to self: buy the first item ;) Ha!

I am so grateful for the time that I spent with my family, I love them and am so proud of the individuals that they are becoming!

No comments: