Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Arizona Museum of Natural History

We finally saw this Museum with our Pogopass today!

The dinosaurs were great!  The kids learned all about meteors.  How they look and feel like a rock; but are actually iron and nickel.   They had great guides there That explained a few different fossils, rocks and dinosaurs. 

There were different hands on activities that they kids enjoyed. Such as;  dinosaur rocking horse,  puzzles,  teepee with faux fire inside, flash flood display and a wishing pond. 

What great adventures;  However, being that Levi has come here before for a field trip he saved the ' best for last ' !

In the back of the museum is a patio that features a mining water feature, with sand, gold and dishes to find and keep gold specs of their own.  


We all worked well together;  and I showed them some of my ' Montana skills ': because honestly I wouldn't be a true born Montanian if I didn't know how to mine!! :)

that gold settles to the bottom of the tray;  so the proper angle and continuous water, along with the consistent swaying motion to collect the most gold from your dish is crucial.  *see I think I know what I am talking about!  * ;)

However: with my 5th birth around the corner;  I found that I quickly started to melt in the Arizona Sun and decided that 20 exterior minutes was plenty for this hot momma.  *maybe mining shouldn't be done under an Arizona summer Sun* ;)

Bayden really enjoyed the rocks and running up the stairs. 


I love these kiddos!  


No comments: