Sunday, April 6, 2014

General Conference - April 2014

Growing up, I don't fondly remember General Conference time.  I usually remember it being a couple of really 'long days'.  


So instead, I really want it to be something that our family looks forward too! Because what a blessing it is to hear it from general authorities in the convience of our own homes!

I have been thinking for awhile what to do to encourage this attitude in our home.  I decided that money , food and candy, are the most motivating items for most kiddos (sad but true) !  ;)
So this is the route that I decided too take!

Saturday, is the day too earn money and Sunday is the day to earn food and treats. 
Most people know how difficult it is to sit through 2 , two hour sessions on each day as an adult; and even harder for a child.

However, I want the children to be excited and have the fondest memories, while listening to inspirational talks from our church leaders.

Reed was in and out the house, doing projects.   We also had dinner waffles, berries and whipped topping for fun.  Also, there are some poses with the television. When President Monson got up.

We had a good day, I am glad that conference seemed to be an exciting event for these kiddos.  And thanks again too Reed for supplying the coins (notice his jar that he has had for over 15 years; so I just assumed that we could partake;) 

All in all they did such a great job listening!

Xoxo

No comments: